What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a science-based health care profession that aims to maximise human movement with freedom from stress and pain.
Using clinical diagnosis and appropriate treatment, physiotherapy aims to restore and maintain optimal movement and function after illness or injury, and improve quality of life through physical freedom.
Physiotherapy is heavily reliant on evidence-based research.
Physiotherapists are highly trained to assess and diagnose your condition, then plan and administer treatment programs to restore function to the highest possible level.
Treatments may involve combinations of manual therapy, soft tissue techniques, lifestyle advice, therapeutic exercise, education and electrophysical modalities. Physiotherapists will endeavour to maximise movement, function potential and enhance health.
Physiotherapy is beneficial for many conditions and these are only some of the most common problems and injuries treated at our clinic:
- Muscle strains, Sciatica and joint pain
- Headaches, Disc problems, back and neck pain and stiffness
- All Sports Injuries
- Shoulder pain – rotator cuff problems
- Post-operative, acute or chronic injury
- Knee problems including Osteoarthritic knees and knee cap problems
- Ankle sprains and shin splints
- Posture, alignment and balance problems
- Tennis elbow
- Heel pain – planta fasciitis, spurs
Avoca Beach Physiotherapy Sub-Specialities include:
- Sports physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Manual and soft tissue therapy
- Functional restoration programs
- Musculoskeletal screening
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Exercise prescription
- Treatment for workplace injuries
- Continence and men’s health
- Paediatric physiotherapy
- Occupational health
- Acupuncture/ Dry Needling